GCC’s 4th Annual Big Gravel Ride! And like before, there will be sections that are unknown to most of you.
About the route: It’s 90 km long. The start and finish are at Fixed Gear Brewing, our sponsor. There are three speed groups each with a different start time, Fast, Moderate and Recreational. Sign up soon to ensure you get a spot! Several club members have ridden this already and given their seal of approval. The route is quite special (as always)!
Here are the details for our fourth-annual BGR
GCC members only. To become a member join HERE
Start Time: First Group please be ready to pedal at 8:00 AM
Start : Fixed Gear Brewing 20 Alma St S
This is a rain or shine event!
- Rain or shine
- 90km route
- Free ON-ROAD parking around Fixed Gear Brewing
- Gear storage on site inside FGB, arrive early to stow post-ride gear etc
- Three groups of various paces: Fast, Moderate and Recreational
- Staggered start to finish at a similar time
- 8:00 am Recreational pace
- 8:15 am Moderate pace
- 8:30 am Fast pace
- GCC is providing a Feed & Support station at the halfway point
- The BGR 2022 is open to GCC Club Members only
- Registered participants get one free beer provided by our sponsor FGB
- Bring cash or card for additional post ride bevies
- Registered participants get Wood fired Pizza as well
- Door Prizes from some of great sponsors to be awarded
- This is a multi surface event which will include, but not be limited to, mud, rocks, gravel, stone dust, pavement, sweat, tears, smiles, etc…
- Tires recommendations: Minimum 30 mm wide tires with some file tread, 50 psi max
The final route is posted below. There are a few reroutes from the original due to road construction and storm damage. Big thanks to board members Gord Drewitt & Lorenz Calcagno who went out with chainsaws to open up some critical connections. Ride a bike? Buy a chainsaw.
See you soon!