Want to check us out before you commit?
GCC offers Ontario Cycling Association sanctioned Try-A-Ride evenings. Prospective members who have not yet joined GCC are welcome to participate in one GCC Club ‘Try-a-Ride’ per season.
These rides will be offered the first and third Tuesday of each month, weather permitting, from May 3 – July 19. Please check the website calendar and the ride postings for any changes to these dates.
All rides begin at the Calvary Baptist Church, 454 Arkell Road parking lot.
This ride is for cyclists looking to see if Group Riding and GCC are right for them. These rides are not intended for novice riders.
- You should have reasonable riding experience and fitness and can ride for 45 km non-stop at 24 km/h speed or greater.
- To participate in the Try-a-Ride, you must wear a good quality helmet. A drop-bar road or gravel bicycle is preferred.
- Please review the Group Ride Guidelines, Safety and Skills and Risk Management sections on our website prior to attending the ride.
- You must sign up for the ride by noon of the day that you wish to participate.
- Prior to attending the ride, you must complete Ontario Cycling’s Try-Out Participant Acknowledgement Form.
- Please arrive and be ready to pedal 15 minutes prior to the start of the ride and identify yourself to the Ride Leader of Group 6 (the 24-26 kph speed group) located here.
- Provide them with a copy of your Ontario Cycling registration confirmation.
- If you are an experienced group rider capable of riding significantly faster than Group 6, the Group 6 ride leader can choose to assign you to a faster group.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.