Big Gravel Ride – BGR
The BGR is a club wide event with a supported rest stop and a pizza and bevy social afterwards at our sponsor Fixed Gear Brewing. It started in 2019 and has functioned through the pandemic – so far.
We guarantee there will be sections that are unknown territory for you. We ride this as a club as permitted by provincial and OCA guidelines.
This Ride Event is for club members only and you must pre-register.
About the 2022 route: It’s 90 km long. The start and finish are at Fixed Gear Brewing, our gracious host and sponsor. There are three speed groups each with a different start time, Fast, Moderate and Recreational. Sign up soon to insure you get a spot! Several club members have ridden this already and given their seal of approval. The route is quite a treat!
The 2022 Details:
- Rain or shine
- 90km route
- Free parking, gear storage on site, arrive early to stow some gear
- Three groups of various paces: Fast, Moderate and Recreational
- Staggered start to finish at a similar time
- 8:00 am Recreational pace
- 8:14 am Moderate pace 1
- 8:18 am Moderate pace 2
- 8:30 am Fast pace
- The BGR 2022 is open to GCC Club Members only
- One free beer per rider from our sponsor Fixed Gear
- Post ride wood fired oven pizza from our sponsor
- Bring cash or card for additional post ride bevies
- Tire recommendations: Minimum 28 mm wide with some file tread, no more than 50 psi