BIG100 – Imperial & Metric Century Rides
The BIG100 is an annual club 100 mile (160 km) and 100 km road event with a supported rest stop and a pizza and bevy social afterwards at our sponsor Fixed Gear Brewing. It started in 2019.
This event runs towards the end of the season and the idea is to see how our fitness has progressed. Or to just come along for another Sunday ride. These routes take us into territory we don’t commonly venture. We ride this as a club as permitted by provincial and OCA guidelines.
This Ride Event is for club members only and you must pre-register. No other club rides will run on this date.
BIG100 160 km Imperial Century Route
BIG100 100 km Metric Century Route
The 2021 Details:
- The rides start and end at Fixed Gear Brewing, with a free beer at the end for participants. Water & soft drinks also available
- Rain or shine (unless weather warning issued by EC)
- Free parking, gear storage on site, arrive early to stow some gear
- Three pace groups: Fast, Moderate and Recreational for both distances
- Staggered start to finish at a similar time
- There are rest stops along the way
- The BIG 100 is open to SRCC Club Members only
- Post ride food provided by SRCC with more available to purchase
- Bring cash or card for additional post ride bevies or food
- Masks are mandatory when passing through the Fixed Gear Brewing building
- Participants must pre-register
- No other club rides will run on this date