The second of our 4 event time trial series!
Time trials are a great way to test your fitness. It is a race against yourself and the clock. Riders start at 1 minute intervals and the challenge is to try to catch the rider ahead of you and not to be caught by the rider behind you! No drafting is allowed.
We use the same course for each of the 4 TT events allowing you to measure your training progression throughout the season.
The course is a 17km long out-and-back route on the rolling hills of Fourth Line East just north of County Road 51 (road to Ariss)
- maintain a steady power output and heart rate throughout the event
- have a smooth, regular pedalling technique
- position yourself to be extremely aerodynamic
- discipline yourself to operate just below your anaerobic threshold until near the end of the course.
- please exercise caution during the TT, especially at the turn around, as the roads are open and vehicles can be expected
- please remember that while waiting for your start to not obstruct traffic
- please remember to bring your club membership card.
Course Record: Ryan Roth 21:30.39 – 47.43 km/hr – August 21/13
Meeting Location: Start Line – 4th Line East, just north of County Road 51 (road to Ariss)
Meeting Time: Sign-in: 6:45pm, First rider start: 7:00pm
A light rain greeted riders out for the second TT of the year, but it was not enough to dampen their efforts. The result was Personal Best times for all!
- Andy Mill 24:02.93 42.41 km/hr PB
- Darren Johnston 26:10.65 38.96 km/hr PB
- Alex Lefebvre 27:48.09 36.69 km/hr PB (merckx)
Weather: 21 degrees, overcast, light rain, winds N 17km/hr, humidity 78%