It’s GCC’s 5th Annual Big Gravel Ride!
And like always, we promise that many of you will ride in some places that you have never been before!
About the route: 104km long. The start and finish are at our sponsor, Fixed Gear Brewing. There are four speed groups. Each with a different start time: Moderate, Quick, Fast and OMG!
Sign up soon to ensure you get a spot! This will sell out!
Local legend Martin Brubacher put this year’s route together and reports, “It’s dandy”. We agree!
The route has been pre-ridden by a little old lady of 68 years who has given her L.O.L. seal of approval.
We have also hired a new complaints department director, Helen Waite. If you have any complaints, you can now go to her. L.O.L.
Load the route on your bike computer if you have one, here’s how.
GCC members only. To become a member join HERE
Start Time: Moderate 8:00 AM; Quick 8:30 AM; Fast 8:45 AM; OMG 9:00 AM
Start Location: Fixed Gear Brewing 20 Alma St S
- 50 Entries only!
- The BGR 2023 is open to GCC Club Members only.
- 104km route.
- Four speed groups.
- Starts times: Moderate 8:00 AM; Quick 8:30 AM; Fast 8:45 AM; OMG 9:00 AM
- Staggered start to finish at a similar time.
- Free ON-ROAD parking around Fixed Gear Brewing (don’t park at the auto shop!).
- Gear storage on site inside FGB, arrive early to stow post-ride gear etc.
- Carry tools to fix your bike.
- Bring mosquito repellent in case of woodland repairs.
- Carry two large water bottles.
- Load the route if you have a computer.
- Be prepared to get yourself home if you can’t finish the route.
- GCC is providing a food & water station at the halfway point.
- Registered participants get one free beer provided by our sponsor FGB.
- Bring cash or card for additional post ride bevies.
- Registered participants get Wood fired Pizza as well.
- Door Prizes awarded randomly from some of our great sponsors.
- This is a multi surface event which may include, but not be limited to, mud, rocks, forest, roots, branches, gravel, stones, dust, pavement, mosquitoes, ticks, dragons, ferries, hobbits, adventure, sweat, tears, smiles, etc…
- Tires recommendations: Minimum 30 mm wide with some file tread, 50 psi max.
- Rain or shine.
Route Map below:
Route by Martin Brubacher – Finally!