BIG100 – Imperial & Metric Century Rides!
The GCC road ride of the year with local beer and gourmet wood oven pizza to top it off!
It’s time to see how your fitness has progressed throughout the season. Or you can just come along for another Sunday ride, you decide what this will be for you.
There are two century distances to choose, 100 miles (160km) or 100 kilometres. Each with multiple speed groups.
Riders should lower their personal expected speed average for these longer rides from what they might be used to on a TAM Ride.
Below is the departure schedule for each speed group based on expected speed average. Please choose wisely and responsibly.
Two routes have been carefully scouted and prepared by several seasoned GCC long haul road masters. There will be a rest station along the way and we will be riding some very interesting and not often travelled roads! Please be aware that there will be some unpaved sections on the routes in order to improve safety and keep riders off of busy roads.
Ride is unsupported – you must be prepared to fix your bike or make your own way home in the event of a breakdown.
- Rides start and end at Fixed Gear Brewing, with a free beer at the end for participants. Water & soft drinks are also available
- Rain or shine (unless very bad weather or warnings issued by EC)
- Free parking, gear storage on site, arrive early to stow some gear – come early for this.
- Multiple pace groups per distance (see above)
- Staggered start to finish at a similar time
- There area a few unpaved sections to keep us off busy roads. They have been ridden recently on road tires. 23s and larger will suffice. However, there are still a few short busy sections that can’t be avoided. Single file in those areas is suggested.
- There is a GCC supported rest stop at 56k in Ayr and a paid stop at 132k at Picard’s Peanuts.
- The BIG100 is open to GCC Club Members only
- Post ride food provided by our incredible sponsor Fixed Gear Brewing
- Door Prizes from Speed River Bicycle and Paramount Sports
- Bring cash or card for additional post ride bevies
- Pace group adjustments may occur subject to popularity
- Make certain your bike is tuned up and in good condition for your ride
- Ride is unsupported – be prepared to make your own way home in the event of a breakdown
- Participants must pre-register to allow for food prep
Both routes share the first rest stop where we will have some great snacks and water waiting. The 160K has a second paid rest stop, bring some cash for that.
GCC members only. To become a member join HERE
Start Time: please be ready to pedal at your prescribed time.
Start Location: Fixed Gear Brewing 20 Alma St S
Rain or shine , but check here for EXTREME weather cancellation posted no less than one hour before the ride begins
The Metric Century – 100K Map:
The Imperial Century – 100 Mile (160 km): Map